Faultline is the weekly strategy bulletin that provides a framework of technical understanding to help predict the future of digital entertainment and the global broadband economy.
It does this by studying disruptive changes in the OTT and video delivery business and eco-system.
Faultline guides and advises suppliers of OTT, Mobile TV, cable and satellite equipment; Pay TV and Mobile TV operators and those planning these services; content providers, applications houses, chip and component makers, wireless operators and investors in digital markets.
The publication sticks to the simple ingredients of experience, perspective and an up to date understanding of what technology can do. It covers everything:
- from OTT video delivery to VR
- from the transition of 4G to 5G and LTE
- from Triple and Quad Play to the implication to Advertisers
- from Consumer connected devices to Home Networks
Each week, its analysts make assessments and predictions based on events that have happened in the digital media industry.
It follows the players, approaches, charging models, applications & service delivery mechanisms involved in the broadband and digital content industries.
The following topics are regularly analyzed:
* OTT services & revenue trends
* Content distribution technologies
* Advertising technology and video data analytics tools
* Aspects of technologies in the OTT video delivery chain such as encoding, packagers, recommendation software, audience analytics, billing, CDN supplier, CMS etc.
* Digital rights management (DRM) and content protection
* The emergence of AI, voice control and IoT-driven devices in conjunction video delivery
* Smart TVs, apps, adapters including the impact of UltraHD 4K TVs & HDR
* Home entertainment equipment like STBs, digital media adapters, media-streaming units
* Wireless and wireline networking relevant to digital media
* VR (Virtual Reality) & AR (Augmented Reality)
* Broadband speeds, efficiency and economics (including G.Fast, DSL Bonding, DOCSIS, LTE and 5G)
* Cloud-based entertainment services
* Regulatory, copyright, intellectual property and patent issues
* Forecasts and research
Faultline focuses on choices that companies operating in the digital media sphere will make and have already made in order to prosper in the coming five or six years.
It's delivered once a week in a time-saving and concise bulletin format.
Faultline carries no ads, guaranteeing impartial and unbiased analysis. It just delivers vital competitive intelligence that will help you and your business.