Your browser is not supported. Please update it.

10 August 2022

Renewables orders this week

A provincial government in Pakistan has granted permission for the construction of a 400 MW green hydrogen project, powered by 500 MW of wind and 700 MW of solar power. The facility will be developed by Oracle Energy, a JV owned 70% by Sheikh Ahmed Dalmook Al Maktoum – a member of Dubai’s royal family – with the remaining 30% being held by Oracle Power. The project aims to produce 55,000 tons of green hydrogen per year.


Dominion Energy has received final approval for its 2,600 MW Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind project in Virginia. The development is expected to enter operation in 2026.

Shell has acquired a 2,900 MW portfolio of renewable power projects in India from Actis, for $1.55 billion.

Leeward Renewable Energy has broken ground on the 196 MW Big Plain solar project in the US state of Ohio, with Verizon Communications as offtaker and First Solar as module supplier.

Revolve Renewable Power has approved a 250 MW solar-plus-storage project in the US state of Arizona.

The city of Fuxin in China’s Liaoning Province has opened investor selection for a 500 MW “desertification control” photovoltaic project.

Rio Tinto has received multiple offers for the 4 GW of renewable energy capacity to be developed to supply its aluminum industrial operations in the Australian state of Queensland.

A Tata Power subsidiary has commissioned a 225 MW wind-solar hybrid project in the Indian state of Rajasthan, with a 25-year supply deal to Tate Power Mumbai.

High End LED Electronics Company is developing a 10 GW N-type cell factory in Inner Mongolia, China.

Canadian Solar is to develop a 200,000 tons polysilicon factory by the end of 2027 in Haidong Zero-Carbon Industrial Park, Qinghai Province, China, along with 10 GW of module production capacity and other elements of a verticalized supply chain, with eight sub-projects including ingot and cell production.

Jiangsu Boamax has begun construction of its 2 GW heterojunction cell and module factory in Anhui Province, China.

Genex Power has acquired a 2 GW, four-hour battery energy storage project under development at Bulli Creek in the Australian state of Queensland. The first phase will be 400 MW of energy storage, with final investment decision to come in the latter half of 2024, followed by 675 MW of photovoltaic capacity.

Chemicals company BASF has entered VPPs with 250 MW solar and wind capacity in the US, with 100 MW coming from Dawn Solar and 150 MW coming from EDF Energy Services.

Magnora is to develop a 60 MW solar, 40 MWh battery project in the UK.

Huawei Digital Power Technologies is to develop 1 GW of photovoltaics and 500 MWh of  battery storage capacity in Ghana, together with Meinergy Technology.

Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) has launched a tender for 220 MW of solar in the Indian state of the same name.

Feiyue Pump will supply nine molten salt pumps for the 100 MW CSP element of the Jinta Zhongghuan solar project, which includes 600 MW of photovoltaics.

India’s agricultural water pump-serving photovoltaic capacity has reached 691.4 MW, thanks to the KUSUM subsidy scheme.

Chicago will develop 600 MW of municipal rooftop solar, courtesy of Constellation and Swift Current Energy, with construction to begin by the end of this year.

Western Australia utility Synergy has announced that the 100 MW two-hour Kwinana Big Batter project is now under development.